How to consume TAP and SIAP for lightcurve survey ?

Jesus Salgado Jesus.Salgado at sciops.esa.int
Thu Jan 17 11:28:13 PST 2013

Dear Petr, all,

First, just to confirm some of the points stated by Doug. It has been
proposed to reuse and/or extend some elements from of SDM for ImageDM,
adding, of course, specific Image metadata (the name "image" was under
discussion because it could include more complex structures, e.g. cubes
but, finally, "image" was understood in a more general sense). Secondly,
we have the action to have as sooner as possible a standard to describe
Time Series within IVOA (by creating a new standard or, most probably,
by adopting/modifying an existing one)

There is also an architectural effort to decouple DMs of data access
protocols. Once we create/adopt a Time Series DM we could consume it by
a protocol/protocols to be defined or recommended by the DAL WG. I do
not remember any mention to SIAPv2. The general idea of support for
operations on the data present in SIAPv2 could be interesting and reuse
for Time Series but most of the operations needed for time series are
not foreseen in SIAPv2 because of obvious reasons.

In fact, I have heard about proposals of publishing time series using
SSAP (assuming that SDM could also describe time series in some way),
TAP/ObsCore for catalogs with time series (not clear the format of the
files) or to propose the creation of a specific protocol for Time Series
but, in any case, it looks that the DM design/adoption will go first.

Cheers,
Jesus

Jesus J. SALGADO                       Jesus.Salgado at sciops.esa.int

European Space Agency (ESA)
European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC)
Science Operations Department (SRE-O)
Science Archives and Computer Support Engineering Unit (SRE-OE)

European Space Agency/European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC)
P.O. Box 78
28691 Villanueva de la Canada                 Tel: +34 91 813 12 71
Madrid - SPAIN                                Fax: +34 91 813 13 08

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.