How to consume TAP and SIAP for lightcurve survey ?

Bonnarel François francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Jan 17 07:43:53 PST 2013

Hi everybody,
     I could be the bad guy, here ;-) .

      This is what happened.
       In Urbana, in May 2012, Mark reported for the CSP.
      Radio Astronomy was now becoming a science priority;
       according to Mark's slides  Characterisation, TAP and SIAP2 where
to be checked against this priority.
     In the same meeting there was a talk by FELIX saying that Alama
group plan to publish data using Obstap and SIAV2

     As I Always have been  interested in SIAV2 stuff for images, after
this anoucment by CSP,  I wanted to try to  prototype SIA2 against real
Radio data.
     After discussion with Jo Laszio during Sao Paulo meeting I decide
to organize a splinter session on Wednesday afternoon (October 24th) it
was announced by emaill and on the program page.
     Other peeople (Doug, Arnold, Enrique ...) came to this meeting. It
appeared that we did not agree about what was to be discussed and
eventually after long minutes we looked at the draft with Jo.
      At the end of the discussion some people announced they want to
prototype SIAV2 with cubes
     Prototyping is not ending the discussion but a starting point for
real discussions.
      Is AccessData for images and cubes part of SIA or not ? If this is
the open discussion we cannot close before starting it, that's fine. But
let's try a few things first
      My mistake was not to report about the content of this splinter
to you Pat. Sorry about that.
Best regards
François