DAL sessions at Nara Interop

Petr Skoda skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz
Mon Nov 15 12:00:54 PST 2010

Hi Pat and others,

As I succeeded (finally) in effort to participate in IVOA (I am looking
forward to see most of you again :-) I would like to use part of DAL
session to show a short demo of my SSA server with spectral cutout and
access of echelle continuum normalized spectra - showing the practical
example of stacked line profile changes (e.g. for asteroseismology). For
this I would need - say 5 min.

Then I would like to reopen the unresolved issues of current SSA for
"real VO spectroscopy" - including the comments on practical experience
with current SSA servers ( it will be the list of practical issues
suggested by many different people working in optical spectroscopy
including the students of VO school in Belgrade and potential spectra
providers from several observatories) as well as practical
difficulties I am facing as a enthusiastic spectra provider;-) already.

For this I would need  10-15 min depending on the reaction of the audience
(I would like to draw attention to the SSA 1.1 and later as well).

I think it will be a good starting point to the discussion about general
DAL services and GDS as well as comments to some PQL issues.

> PQL - Parameterised Query Language (formalises the common use in simple AP,
> but also for TAP)

> DALI - Data Access Layer Interface (formalises the common patterns in DAL
> service designs)

Best regards,

Petr

*  Petr Skoda                         Phone : +420-323-649201, ext. 361 *
*  Stellar Department                         +420-323-620361           *
*  Astronomical Institute AS CR       Fax   : +420-323-620250           *
*  251 65 Ondrejov                    e-mail: skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz  *
*  Czech Republic                                                       *