TAP RFC [MTIME]

Francois Ochsenbein francois at vizier.u-strasbg.fr
Fri Sep 18 05:51:07 PDT 2009

Besides "main", "narrow", "principal", "basic", "standard",
there could be another one: "important". My personal preference
would be "principal".

The categorisation of columns is a piece of metadata which
is important in many circumstances, especially nowadays that
you find tables with several hundred columns. And replacing
this categorisation of columns by views would mean that we
have to describe the views and their relation with the
underlying tables somewhere in the TAP schema, which would
mean more developments and more delays.

--Francois