TAP RFC [xtype]

Francois Ochsenbein francois at vizier.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Sep 21 07:19:17 PDT 2009

Hi Pat,

Oh no, you can't call the stc production a 'datatype' --
or we don't share the same vocabulary ! Everything could
then be called a 'datatype' ! What's the difference with
e.g. the characterisation definitions ?

I would definitvely prefer, as far as datatypes are
concerned, simple names without a 'stc:' or 'adql:' or
whatever prefix; after all, such definitions are also
knwon to PQL, and 'TIMESTAMP' datatype is present everywhere.
What matters however for POINT and REGION, is that these
refer to the trigo sphere, and not to a usual (cartesian)
2-D plane.

It becomes urgent to finalize this point.

--Francois