Some confusion in cone-search

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 2 02:58:23 PDT 2009

Hi Pierre,

AFAIK, and having just reviewed the standards, you have to use UCD 1
to comply with cone search 1.03 and must not use UCD1+. You may use
UCD 1 rather than UCD 1+ in VOTable 1.1, but it's a shame to do so.
Anybody who parses VOTable 1.1 must be prepared to deal with UCD 1 as
well as UCD1+.

To the group: any chance that we could do a quick cone-search 1.1 that
allows both UCD1 and UCD1+? All cone-search 1.03 code would
automatically be valid in the new version.

Cheers,
Guy