NVO Filter Profile Service

Tamas Budavari budavari at pha.jhu.edu
Tue Nov 10 01:31:33 PST 2009

Hi Everyone,

With the topic luckily surfacing in various sessions, many of you asked me
about the Filter Profile Service that we developed back in 2003.

The Filter Profile Service (web site + soap) was developed at the same
time when the Spectrum Services, but hasn't received too much attention
up to now. Its filters are used every day in the Spectrum Service to
calculate synthetic magnitudes and color-color diagrams.

The online search tools enable querying metadata as well as simple
statistics that are consistently computed for all curves at upload time:
effective wavelength and width. The url is

  	http://voservices.net/filter/

Please click to look around and let us know what you think. We are open to
suggestions on this aging service that probably needs a facelift
eventually.

Cheers, T.

P.S. I also wanted to draw your attention to Jonathan McDowell's bandpass
data modeling efforts in cca 2003 or 2004. The docs should be around on
the ivoa.net site.