DAL/TAP Response

Keith Noddle ktn at star.le.ac.uk
Thu Feb 5 20:59:44 PST 2009

Hi Chenzhou,

> As an end user and small data center manager, I feel an EASY OF USE
> implementation reference, a deployment tool or a library, is very
> important for the success of an IVOA specification. Whether the
> specification itself is complex or simple, if only it can be adopted by
> end users easily, it will get success.
You are of course absolutely correct. It is incumbent upon the larger VO
projects to produce usable services that satisfy all IVOA standards, not
just TAP. I expect that at least 4 if not 5 of those projects will
develop (or are developing) such services. By the time TAP reaches REC
it will have at least 2 reference implementations suitable for
deployment against an archive.

Keith.

--
Keith Noddle                    Phone:  +44 (0)116 223 1894
AstroGrid Project manager       Fax:    +44 (0)116 252 3311
Leicester                       Email:  ktn at star.le.ac.uk
LE1 7RH, UK                     Web:    http://www.astrogrid.org