TAP, skynode, or boutique?

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Fri Sep 5 08:56:35 PDT 2008

Hi All -

As Guy points out, we plan for TAP to include support for
multi-position queries, with no inherent limits (unlike SkyNode)
on either the number of positions or the size of the tables/query
results involved.

Using POS/SIZE will provide a basic spatial cross-match capability.
More sophisticated cross matching applications could do such a simple
spatial cross match as the first pass, then possibly refine the cross
match using additional non-spatial object attributes.  But the basic
capability will be simple and fully scalable.

 	- Doug