call for presentations at the Data Model sessions in Cambridge , September 2007

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Jan 23 09:44:31 PST 2008

It isn't worth responding, Alberto - VOTable is a sacred cow to certain
people in the IVOA. You'll not get it changed or even examined.

I only responded to Anita's post as it implied that the tools that have been
developed work so well because of VOTable: when they would actually work as
well if everyone agreed on CSV as the standard interchange. It is the
standard which makes stuff work. But VOTable is a standard all to itself -
it does not build on other standards in the XML range so things like XSLT
and XQuery don't work well with it.

T.