call for presentations at the Data Model sessions in Cambridge , September 2007

Arnold Rots arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 22 13:27:53 PST 2008

I hate to sound like a broken record, but an XML representation of the
STC ObsDataLocation element would be adequate.
But then, my opinion isn't anymore relevant than yours ;-)

  - Arnold

Alberto Conti wrote:
> You mention that WWT will speak VOTAble natively, understand SIAPs,
> ConeSearches, etc... this is really great. My problem (and it's a
> personal opinion) is that VOTable as is, as a transport mechanism is
> not adequate. But my opinion, as many know, is irrelevant!
>
> The power of the IVOA would be to aggressively collaborate with
> industry in setting these standards. Unfortunately, as Carol
> mentioned, few saw the benefits of this when we could have influenced
> the KML in GoogleSky.
>
> Ciao,
> /A
>
> Dr Alberto Conti
> Community Missions Office
> Space Telescope Science Institute
> contact | tel: 410-338-4534 | aim: wscience

Arnold H. Rots                                Chandra X-ray Science Center
60 Garden Street, MS 67                              fax:  +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu