RFC initiated for Simple Spectral Access protocol

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 22 08:59:53 PDT 2007

Hi Roy -

Before doing this you might want to look at the SSA proxy service
for the JHU spectrum services (http://webtest.aoc.nrao.edu/ivoa-dal).
While this is an SSA service rather than a cone search, it will take
POS,SIZE and return a VOTable with pointers to the sloan spectra, so it
comes very close to what you describe.

	- Doug