towards 3D data model

Francois Bonnarel bonnarel at alinda.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Feb 14 09:54:17 PST 2005

dear Giovanni, Phillipe and Igor,
   I am happy that Euro 3D people will join the IVOA data model effort
This connection was missing since a long time. I am not personnaly sure
that creating a specific 3D data model is the best we can do to achieve
that. There is an ongoing "Characterization" data model effort supposed
to deal with any kind of observations and data sets.  (material can be found
on the list about that, and Giovanni, you can remember we discussed this last
October). A subgroup is supposed to produce a draft long before Kyoto for
discussion.
My immediate proposal is that somebody among Euro3D people can join the
subgroup  and judge the pertinance of the ongoing work from the 3D point
of view.
  Your opinion about that ?
Cheers
François

Francois   Bonnarel               Observatoire Astronomique de Strasbourg
CDS (Centre de donnees          11, rue de l'Universite
astronomiques de Strasbourg)    F--67000 Strasbourg (France)

Tel: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 11       WWW: http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/people/fb.html
Fax: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 25       E-mail: bonnarel at astro.u-strasbg.fr