application/votable+xml

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Tue Jun 1 11:13:09 PDT 2004

> The only irritating bit is that I'm unable to find a mime type list that
> is newer than 3 years. Moreover, IETF does not have a top level link to
> MIME on their home page which is a surprise since supposedly IETF is in
> charge of it(?). This makes we wonder whether either MIME is obsolete in
> some way or maybe I was looking in the wrong place?

The official list of MIME types is maintained by IANA, and is governed
by RFC2045 and RFC2046. The last officially recognised type list was
published on 16-Oct-2001 as far as I can tell.

Like the astronomy communities struggle with FITS HDU card standards,
trying to get a new MIME type "approved" is practically impossible these
days, or at least so I'm lead to believe.

Al.
--
Dr. A. Allan, School of Physics, University of Exeter