New VOTable 1.4 draft

Mark Taylor M.B.Taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Mar 7 00:50:12 CET 2019

Tom,

a few more niggles for you.

 - Example VOTable in Section 3.1:
   remove the namespace declaration

   since it's not doing anything.

 - Example VOTable in Section 3.5:
   remove the two namespace declarations

      xmlns:stc="http://www.ivoa.net/xml/STC/v1.30"

   since they're not doing anything

(I mentioned the in my comments on the previous draft at
http://mail.ivoa.net/pipermail/apps/2019-February/001338.html,
but I think they got overlooked).

 - Front matter:
   The document date has not been updated, so the current
   (20190218) WD still says it's 2019-01-31 on the title page
   (this foxed me for a while).

 - Line 911 in the LaTeX source of votable.tex is overlong - would be
   nice to break it to similar length to the other lines in the document.

 - Bibliography entry [7]:
   in "\noindent [7] {it XML Schema Versioning Policies}":
   "it" should read "\it".

 - Bibliography: entry [8]:
   the URL "http://www.ivoa.net/documents/DALI/20170517/REC-DALI-1.1.pdf"
   should be replaced by a reference to the landing page rather than the
   PDF, as for the other IVOA documents referenced.
   "http://www.ivoa.net/documents/DALI/" would do, or a versioned
   landing page if you prefer.

Mark