A Proposal for a TIMESYS Element in VOTable

AdaNebot ada.nebot at astro.unistra.fr
Mon Nov 5 16:22:46 CET 2018

Hi, Tom, Arnold,

I agree that saying UNKOWN seems to be unfair. The term TOPOCENTER can be referred to the location of the instrument as Arnold mentions.
Perhaps the best way to avoid any possible ambiguity is to write some more examples in the document and explicitly mention that TOPOCENTER includes position of satellites too.
Including ephemerides on the other hand, and in my opinion, would be complicating things for this simple annotation.

We are taking into account the comments we are receiving and I propose to move the discussion to Apps for the more technical details.

Cheers,
Ada