HiPS standardization - next step...

Tom Donaldson tdonaldson at stsci.edu
Thu Apr 7 14:51:00 CEST 2016

Hello Pierre,

Although this comment is a little late, I wanted to mention that I also agree with Thomas’ proposal.

Regards,
Tom

On Apr 7, 2016, at 8:12 AM, Pierre Fernique <Pierre.Fernique at astro.unistra.fr<mailto:Pierre.Fernique at astro.unistra.fr>> wrote:

Dear HiPS contributors,

I agree with the Thomas Boch's proposal, confirmed by Markus.
As they are no more reactions, we could say that we have reached a consensus that I resume in this terms:

"A HiPS creator may declare in the VO registry each individual HiPS that he created, but only with the access interface(s) depending of himself (ie - master url)."

I precise that this declaration is independent of the HiPS server VO registry declaration already validaded in our previous mail thread.

Thanks for you contribution,
Pierre

Le 31/03/2016 11:12, Markus Demleitner a écrit :

[Thomas Boch]
To summarize my point of view: we should at least allow and let HiPS
> creators declare their individual HiPS with the associated master URL, as
> this would allow for discovery of HiPS through RegTAP for instance.

Exactly -- this is what the above proposal manages.