Question about VOTable schema 1.2 or 1.3

Baptiste Cecconi baptiste.cecconi at obspm.fr
Tue May 21 01:18:09 PDT 2013

Le 21 mai 2013 à 09:53, Sebastien Derriere a écrit :

> Le 19/05/2013 15:20, Baptiste Cecconi a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a question about the VOTable Schema 1.2 or 1.3.
>> In the schema, in the VOTable element: there are two instance of the INFO element (one in the "choice" element) and at the last position of the "sequence" element).
>> This may be a voluntary, but it makes problems with wsimport (used to build VOTable output in WSDL webservices).
>
>  Hello Baptiste,
>
>  Is this the issue that was discussed some time ago ?
> http://www.ivoa.net/pipermail/apps/2012-July/000851.html
>  In short, you need to have an empty TABLE or RESOURCE
> if you want to provide an INFO.

Hello Sebastien,

I don't think this is the same issue (although it explains why the schema is build this way).
The problem is that the VOTable schema doesn't validate with the WSimport tool (java based SOAP). The error is "Multiple definition of INFO element" (or something like that). This makes it difficult to properly serve VOTable through this java based  WSDL service. Would you suggest that it is a "bug" on the java SOAP framework ?

Baptiste