SAMP implementation

Pierre Fernique Pierre.Fernique at newb6.u-strasbg.fr
Tue Nov 18 01:53:01 PST 2008

Dear VO app contributors,

The Aladin team would like to switch from PLASTIC to SAMP as soon as
possible in order to reduce the transition period. Presently Aladin
supports both standards (thanks to Mark Taylor for its hub java
implementation) but not simultaneously. Concretly, we have to decide if
Aladin starts the hub in PLASTIC or SAMP mode.

The new Aladin release should be ready around next January.
Could we have an idea of the list of VO tools which will support SAMP at
this date ?

Presently Aladin provides to our users a list of available collaborative
VO tools allowing the users to install and run them easily (Menu Tool ->
VO tools -> VO tool controller) : SPLAT, Specview, TOPCAT, VOPlot,
VOSpec, VisIVO

Best regards
Pierre and Thomas