VOStat new releases

deoyani at iucaa.ernet.in deoyani at iucaa.ernet.in
Fri Nov 14 02:02:27 PST 2008

Hello,

We are happy to announce the release of two new versions of VOStat:
(i) PLASTIC compatible stand alone version developed in java,  VOStat 1.1 Beta
and
(ii) Web based version developed in jsp, VOStatjsp 1.0 . This supersedes the web based CGI version, which we will continue to support for sometime.

VOStat allows astronomers to use both simple and sophisticated statistical routines on large datasets. This tool uses a large public-domain statistical computing package called 'R'. Datasets can be uploaded in either ASCII or VOTable (preferred) format. Statistical computations are performed by the VOStat and results are returned to the user.
VOStat 1.1 Beta (Stand Alone version) requires 'R' to be installed on local machine.

VOStat releases are available at
http://vo.iucaa.ernet.in/~voi/VOStat.html

The difference between previous and new versions is available at
http://vo.iucaa.ernet.in/~voi/vostat_changeLog.htm

Please send your suggestions and comments about these releases to voindia at iucaa.ernet.in

Regards,
VOI Developers Team.