vote on Proposed changes to PLASTIC for 1.0

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Fri May 4 09:23:08 PDT 2007

Hi Mark -

I looked at this, but it appears to concern only near-term changes
to PLASTIC, which is mostly a concern of the folks currently using
PLASTIC who will be impacted by these changes.  It is a good thing
to move PLASTIC more in the direction we think we are going longer
term, but my main concern (and probably a few others like me) is what
happens next.  All I suggest is that the roadmap might also include a
follow-on effort to address the more general applications messaging
problem (this can continue to retain support for a PLASTIC-like
capability), and that this go foward after PLASTIC 1.0 is out,
including both design and prototyping.

 	- Doug