Specview with VO interface released

Philippe Prugniel prugniel at obs.univ-lyon1.fr
Thu Apr 14 04:45:42 PDT 2005

Hello,

This is great to have this VO-SSA access in specview...

Specview has nice fitting features, and I am sure everybody would like
to extend them (for example to implement SED fitting as was shown
during the AVO science demo last January). I understand that for
mass processing it will be better done on server side, as the astrogrid
workflow
intend to do. But still having fitting capabilities in the client is really
nice for small interactive tasks.

As a first step I would like to overplot a model, and as a model provider
I would like to understand what is required to have them plugged in
specview (or other clients).

We had last week a meeting in France (VO-France) where we
discussed of several models producing or analysing spectra. For example,
Igor Chilingarian advertized in the TVO-IG forum one of these models,
Pegase.HR http://vo.obspm.fr/cgi-bin/siap/pegasehr.pl
This service is build as a fake SSA in the sense that the input parameters
are not those of SSA (there is no position on the sky for a model), but the
answer is that of a SSA (VOTable with reference to a FITS binary table).

Could such a service be accessed as it is from specview (with a special
formular
to pass the physical parameters)? Or shall we move right now to web
services?

Sincerely. Philippe Prugniel.