MOC load MType

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Oct 10 02:58:42 PDT 2013

Hi,

In absence of comments, I have as threatened added this proposed MType,
coverage.load.moc.fits, to the
http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SampMTypes wiki page.
That doesn't mean it's too late for further discussion if anybody
has things to say about it.

It would be good if anybody who is currently moving MOCs about via
SAMP could move to using this new MType to do it - as far as I know
the only usages to date are Aladin receiving them and WFAU sending
them from, e.g., http://surveys.roe.ac.uk/wsa/coverage-maps.html,
currently using MType image.load.fits.

I hope in the forseeable future to allow TOPCAT to exchange MOCs
with other SAMP- and MOC-aware tools.

Mark