Connecting a tablet to a SAMP environment on the desktop

Hugo Buddelmeijer buddel at astro.rug.nl
Wed Oct 9 12:05:44 PDT 2013

Hi Mark,

Thanks for picking up on this and nice to see that people are making
mobile-phone SAMP applications :).

Around the time of our discussion I decided to try a proof of concept
and created a web-based SAMP application that ran on my Android tablet.
IIRC it connected remotely from the browser using the web-profile, which
worked fine. (With a warning pop-up in TOPCAT.)

Perhaps I'll picking the project up again. Programming in javascript is
actually quite nice.

Hugo