SAMP/PLASTIC bridge?

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Mar 11 10:52:17 PDT 2009

Allan,

to follow up a couple of subordinate points from this message:

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Allan Brighton wrote:

> By the way: So far I have implemented these standard SAMP features:
>
>     table.load.votable
>     table.load.fits
>     table.highlight.row
>     table.select.rowList
>     image.load.fits
>     coord.pointAt.sky
>
> Are there any others you would like to see in the next release of JSky?

this looks like pretty much a full set for an image view/analysis
application to me, though if you can think of other ways that JSky
should/could interact with other applications, please raise them
for discussion here.

> I was also wondering if SAMP would be suitable for a quick-look application?
> (I guess it would depend on how quick...)

Can you expand on this - I'm not sure what you've got in mind.