SAMP/PLASTIC bridge?

Allan Brighton Allan.Brighton at t-online.de
Wed Mar 11 11:19:09 PDT 2009

Mark Taylor wrote:

>> I was also wondering if SAMP would be suitable for a quick-look application?
>> (I guess it would depend on how quick...)
>
> Can you expand on this - I'm not sure what you've got in mind.
>
> Mark

I was thinking of a situation where you could, for example, keep updating a
FITS file with images from the telescope and send a "image.load.fits" SAMP
message each time a new image is ready. It would be easy to implement, but
a custom solution might be required (or just a custom SAMP message, if the
performance is good enough). We did this sort of thing in the past with
Skycat and mmap'ed FITS files or image data in shared memory.

--
Allan