Version number

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Nov 14 02:13:22 PST 2008

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Mark Taylor wrote:

> I'm not quite sure what version number to attach to the SAMP document

OK - following Bruno's input I agree that we should increase version
numbers for each formally published change (though I might bend the
rules for small changes like speling mistakes).  The final REC will
likely be >=1.1.

> By the way: I've just realised that this probably has an implication
> for the value assigned to the "samp.profile.version" key in sec 4.3
> of the document.

this will get changed to match the document version number.
Probably not worth updating software though until the acceptance
of the REC.