SAMP MType parameters issue

Juan de Dios Santander Vela juandesant at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 05:54:16 PST 2008

El 05/11/2008, a las 14:52, Luigi Paioro escribió:

> Python function arguments (identifiers) can be only of the form:
>
> identifier ::= (letter|"_") (letter | digit | "_")*
> letter     ::= lowercase | uppercase
> lowercase  ::= "a"..."z"
> uppercase  ::= "A"..."Z"
> digit      ::= "0"..."9"

There are other languages (C) for which identifiers can only be of the
form you are expressing, and many languages with C runtimes share the
same restrictions.

However, I would go for identifier as:

identifier ::= (letter) (letter | digit | "_")*

¿Do you think this is too restrictive? I don't see the point of named
parameters which use _variableName, as this is typically done for
hidden properties... And I think we should allow MType identifiers to
be legal identifiers in all (most) languages... even if a protocol
identifier does not need to correspond one to one to variables in a
computer language.

--
Juan de Dios Santander Vela
Diplomado en CC. Físicas, Ingeniero en Electrónica

W. B. Yeats: En la medida comenzó nuestra fuerza.