Comet release 2.0.0 (John Swinbank)

John Swinbank swinbank at transientskp.org
Mon Apr 4 01:24:09 CEST 2016

> On 1 Apr 2016, at 08:41, John Swinbank <swinbank at transientskp.org> wrote:
>
> When I have a few moments, I’ll investigate how much more effort is needed to get Comet up and running.

It turns out that this was more successful than I expected: a preliminary version of Comet which runs on both Python 2.7 & 3.5 is now available at <https://github.com/jdswinbank/Comet/tree/py3>. You’ll need the latest release of Twisted (16.0). While this seems to work — and is actually slightly faster than the Python 2.7 version — I’d still regard it as very much experimental and untested at the moment. Your feedback as to whether it works for you would be welcome.

Cheers,

John