Comet release 2.0.0 (John Swinbank)

John Swinbank swinbank at transientskp.org
Fri Apr 1 14:41:31 CEST 2016

> On 1 Apr 2016, at 05:57, Etienne Pallier <etienne.pallier at irap.omp.eu> wrote:

[…]

> Now, do you have now an idea of when comet will be available in Python 3 ?

Comet makes extensive use of Twisted <https://twistedmatrix.com/>, so we can’t make the jump to Python 3 until Twisted does so. Twisted’s port is still very much a work in progress: current status is shown at <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/milestone/Python-3.x>.

Although Twisted’s Python 3 support is not complete, it does look as though they’ve made substantial progress since the last time I checked. When I have a few moments, I’ll investigate how much more effort is needed to get Comet up and running.

Cheers,

John