Sesto InterOp

Tim Staley tim.staley at physics.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 1 16:46:18 CEST 2015

Hi Steve, all,

this is something we're trying to provide, at least in the near-term,
via the 4 Pi Sky broker. We've been running it for a while but have only
recently started actively advertising:

http://4pisky.org/voevent

(I say near-term because our funding horizon is drawing near - approx 1
year - but fingers crossed that the VOEvent broker will live on. That
part at least can be run on a shoestring budget).

Since John Swinbank is mostly offline until Hotwired, it's probably also
worth mentioning that he has recently put together a fairly
comprehensive tutorial on voevent, which we'll be drawing on for the
hands-on session:

http://voevent.readthedocs.org

The code examples are biased towards Python and to some extent the
libraries we've built (and are actively using), but a lot of the
information is generally applicable.

HTH,
Tim.