Sesto InterOp

Steve Groom sgroom at ipac.caltech.edu
Thu Apr 30 20:20:26 CEST 2015

“Me too”, I’ll be at Sesto but unable to attend
Hotwired, so I’d be interested in a recap of that.

Also would be interested in an operations-oriented
discussion on event brokers,
services where projects working with events
can send-to or recv-from. Would like to get in
touch with attitudes and options on building/operating
such broker systems. The success of event networks clearly
relies on some institution(s) operating network(s) to
distribute events, a task somewhat independent of the
production or consumption of the event streams themselves.
Is this a well-solved problem or an infrastructure gap
in need of filling? Are interested projects expected to
develop&operate their own from scratch, or are there
existing services/implementations to tie into or
build upon? As something of an outsider
to the event community that would be helpful in
better understanding the lay of the land.

-steve