GCN-XML and Dakota

Roy Williams roy at caltech.edu
Wed Jan 25 09:04:26 PST 2012

Alasdair

With email, for example, the sender makes the socket connection, sends
the message, then disconnects.

Whereas here we have the receiver makes the connection, waits for a
while, then the message comes and the receiver continues listening.

Whether we say one is common or uncommon is I suppose beside the point.
Perhaps the real difference is short versus long-lived connection?

Roy

--
---
Caltech LIGO