Signing events

John Swinbank swinbank at transientskp.org
Tue Jan 24 05:18:38 PST 2012

Dear all,

Forgive me ignorance, but I'm trying to get up to speed on previous discussions about signing VOEvents. I've seen Bob Denny's proposal at <http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/latest/VOEventDigiSig.html> and Steve Allen's publication (Astron. Nach., 329, 298-300, 2008). Both of those are a few years old now, though, and I'm wondering if either of them have gained community support/acceptance or if they state of the art has moved on to something different.

I've had quick browse through the mailing list archives, but can't seen anything very conclusive. Any thoughts or references on current best practice?

Thanks!

John