VTP 1.2 Draft

John Swinbank swinbank at transientskp.org
Thu Aug 9 03:51:35 PDT 2012

Dear all,

Many thanks for the feedback both on- and off-list so far.

Roy pointed out that I should probably have more explicitly drawn your attention to the changes I've made in this new draft. These are:

Version 1.2 adds two new sections to the document: Section 2.1, outling design goals of the protocol, and Section 7, detailing requirements for message de-duplication to avoid network loops. In addition, it adds an explicit time  requirement to connection maintenance packets (Section 4) and clarifies the semantics of nak transport messages (Section 5.3). Finally, it emphasizes that the authentication schemes outline in Section 8.2 are not tied to a particular cryptographic system.

Cheers,

John