Schema diagram

Roy Williams roy.williams at ligo.org
Mon Mar 21 09:11:20 PDT 2011

Rob

Please think of including the attached as a figure to sum up VOEvent2.
Perhaps it is not final yet: we have uri, name, content for the
Reference, and I understand we will be adding more semantic tags.

One thing the picture makes clear, I think, is that Description and
Reference have their own "positional semantics". (If you unpack your
child's toy and there is a document called "Instructions", then it is
obviously instructions for that particular toy, and you know this
because of where you *found* the document, without further parsing.) For
example, each Param can have at most one Description and Reference.
Therefore, if there is a Reference associated with a Param, then that is
presumably describing that Param in more detail. No need for semantic
tags, the position does it.

Roy