MPC to VOEvent translator?

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Wed Feb 24 14:56:08 PST 2010

Hi,

I don't believe that we are allowed to recirculate MPECs as VOEvents.
Their policy is very clearly stated:

Some Circulars are made freely-accessible at this site only under the
following specific non-negotiable licence (which is subject to
amendment at any time):
The IAU Circulars and CBETs remain a copyrighted publication of the
IAU's Central Bureau for Astronomical Telegrams; only the older CBAT
publications are available freely (more recently published IAUCs and
CBETs are available only to paying subscribers).
The Minor Planet Electronic Circulars remain a copyrighted publication
of the IAU's Minor Planet Center.
Circulars are for your personal individual scientific use only.
Redistribution of the circulars posted on this web site is not
permitted in any form.
Circulars are not freely distributable.
Specifically, circulars must not be redistributed to Usenet newsgroups
or to e-mail lists
Note also:

Selected information extracted from this circulars or this web site
may be occasionally (NOT regularly) used in publications, whereby
actual quoting of no more than one or two sentences (or paraphrasing)
is used, if appropriate reference to the source of the information is
acknowledged.
The blanket extraction of all or most material appearing on all or
most circulars is not permitted.
On Feb 24, 2010, at 2:32 PM, Rob Seaman wrote:

> Anybody have an MPC2VOE translator handy?  If not, suggestions on
> the best strategy to build such?

	Cheers,

	Matthew