VOEvent priorities

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Tue Feb 2 11:58:28 PST 2010

Roy,

> With the Berkeley model, can we express, for example:
> -- An ephemeris or other set of astrometric observations

This is what the <WhereWhen /> section is for, and is covered by the VOEvent 2.0 specification. ROb, you want to chime in here, you've probably got the text to hand...

> -- A set of time-stamped URLs that link to images of past observations

As far as I know, yes.

> -- Global banana production over the last 10 years ....

Roy! Focus!

> What if I want to express a set of records that are *not* labeled by time. Can we just set the time to zero or null? I am thinking of:
> -- A frequency series or SED of the object

Not a time series. No.

> -- A set of objects near to the transient, i.e. a finding chart

That's a list of associated "stuff", use <Group> and <Param> like we've always done in the past. Why would you want to use <TimeSeries />?

> -- A set of people who are interested/observing/commented on the transient

That's a list of associated "stuff", use <Group> and <Param> like we've always done in the past. Why would you want to use <TimeSeries />?

Al.