Consensus

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Mon Dec 13 15:03:23 PST 2010

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010, Rob Seaman wrote:

>       IVOA is now defining a common understanding of TimeSeries, why
>       should this differ from the VOEvent version of the same
>       data-type?
>
> Folks should read v0.1 to get a sense for the direction and status of this
> effort:
>
> http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/LightCurves/STSP.pdf
>
> Is "data-type" really equivalent to "data model"?

Just a quick update on time series in the VO.  The document I wrote,
referenced above, is still a good reference following the interop,
although we are still working on the details of the underlying data
model.  The goal is to have a single core model covering SED segments
(individual observations), spectra, time series, and photometry points
available in early January.  An update to the "Spectrum" data model
(possibly with a new name) will be used at the core for all of these.
Unless you are into the details it will likely be quite similar,
the main difference being improvements to the Photometry model.

We got some good feedback on the STSP.pdf draft which you can find
on the DAL and DM lists.

 	- Doug