Fwd: VoEvent formats and LIGO

Roy Williams roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Wed Apr 21 09:43:25 PDT 2010

Jonah and VOEvent WG

I have made an attempt to convert your data into a VOEvent 2.0 packet,
as I envision and hope will be allowed by the standard. As I have said,
these discussions will be in Victoria in 4 weeks.

-- The Table element, in particular, has not been agreed by the working
group.

-- A lot more descriptive and semantic information could/should be added
to the Params and Fields of the event, such as UCD, units, Description, etc.

-- We do not have a solution yet (?) for your array-like parameters, for
example bp = "0.2351 -0.2914 0.2336". So I have left these as string
parameters. Thus the only way a parser can act on these values would be
awkward, doing split() and float() to get the numbers.

Comments from the rest of the WG would be welcome!
Roy

California Institute of Technology
626 395 3670