Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Fri Apr 9 16:00:16 PDT 2010

Hi,

> I believe some projects continue to parse the packets as raw XML, rather than using schema.  The intent is that a v1.1 compliant packet should be compliant with the v2.0 prose specification.  The chair takes no position on how packets should best be parsed - but clearly others in the WG do :-)

It's worse than that - I believe that some projects continue to parse the packets as raw strings using regexes to extract data. Bugger this XML stuff!

How is a v1.1 packet compliant with a prose specification for a later version? Every entity in the packet retains its original structure in the later version?

	Cheers,

	Matthew