Querying Params

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Fri Oct 9 13:31:41 PDT 2009

Hi,

Roy has passed some comments about the current SEAP spec onto me and
there is one issue that needs discussion/resolution at the WG level.

In the current (1.1) VOEvent model, a Param can have a name, a value,
a unit and a UCD. There have been previous requests to be able to
query against all of these (although UCD got omitted due an oversight)
but Roy would rather that we just limit to name and value and drop
unit and UCD.

This would mean that you could not search for events with a parameter
whose values are expressed in a particular unit or where the parameter
has a particular UCD.

The decision therefore is:

(1) Maintain the current functionality which allows querying against
name, value, unit and UCD

(2) Drop the ability to query against unit and UCD

Please comment, discuss or just express which option you prefer.

	Cheers,

	Matthew