Fall InterOp?

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Mon Jul 27 14:54:24 PDT 2009

On Jul 27, 2009, at 2:32 PM, Frederic Hessman wrote:

> At the risk of making yet another unfulfilled promise (Scheisse
> happens), I can't imagine not going the 4 hours to Garching this time.

Strangely, my imagination appears to reach further than yours :-)

How about next Summer's SPIE (http://spie.org/x13662.xml)?  The
Observatory Operations conference will focus on the time domain this
time around (I think we settled on "Process Coordination for the Time
Domain"), with topics such as:

	• Space-based transient discovery and follow-up
	• Radio and non-EM transients
	• Observatory operations for target-of-opportunity modes
	• Transient event alert publishing in the Virtual Observatory
	• Systems architectures for transient follow-up observing
	• Integrating data management into time domain workflows
	• Distributed QA and user support management
	• Coordinated scheduling for multi-wavelength and multi-observatory
collaborations
	• Synoptic Programs
	• Time Domain and Transient Surveys
	• Target-of-Opportunity and Transient Response
	• Remote, Robotic, and Service/Queue Observing
	• Robotic Telescopes Networks and Autonomous Operations

Whether or not VOEvent has explicit sessions at the InterOp, other WGs
such as Semantics will be very pertinent.

So - Rick asserts he will be going.  Who else?

Rob