Robotic Telescope Special Issue

Joshua Bloom jbloom at astro.berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 25 07:55:35 PST 2008

Colleagues:

  The journal "Advances in Astronomy" (Hindawi Publishing) has issued
a call for papers (*) on "Robotic Astronomy" and, as a guest editor, I
encourage you to consider writing for this issue:

  "The main focus of this special issue will be on the new and
existing astronomical facilities whose goal is to observe a wide
variety of astrophysical targets with no (or very little) human
interaction. The special issue will become an international forum for
researchers to summarize the most recent developments and ideas in the
field, with a special emphasis given to the technical and
observational results obtained within the last five years."

   This issue, like all others in AiA, will be "open access" meaning
that there will be free access to the published material and not
require a subscription. It's a rather new business model in the
academic publishing world and one that I think would be in all of our
interests to support.

  The articles are due in June 2009 and I'd be happy to answer your
questions in the interim. Please pass this email along to anyone else
who you think might be interested in contributing.

Josh

(*) http://www.hindawi.com/journals/aa/si/robast.html

Joshua Bloom
Assistant Professor, UC Berkeley