The State of VOEvent

Joshua Bloom jbloom at astro.berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 6 17:39:15 PDT 2008

Great. We can try to morph to utypes. Didn't know about that
formalism...bad me.

The reason why I favor the name VOTimeseries over VOLightcurve is two
fold. First, we might eventually be describing changes in time that
are not light (e&m) but flux of particles or GW amplitude. Second, a
given time instance (essentially a row in a VOTable) might only have
position and no flux info. Right now we see time as the only mandatory
field/column. Optional would be flux, fluxerr, position, position error.

J. S. Bloom
http://astro.berkeley.edu/~jbloom