IVOA and ADASS?

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Wed Jul 2 10:45:28 PDT 2008

Hi Josh,

> I'd really like to see a BoF on Timeseries.

Hmmm.  This may be distinct enough for some play.  ADASS isn't really
a place to agitate standards, that might better be directed toward a
joint session at IVOA, but a BoF about broader time domain issues
could work including calibration issues, analysis techniques and apps,
etc. (maybe even a brief UTC update).

> With the idea of producing a living rec document to the VO before
> 2009.

The goal from Trieste was the Fall InterOp.  The last we heard from
your end was:

On Jun 6, 2008, at 3:21 PM, Joshua Bloom wrote:

> Great -- we'll get cracking on mocking up an XSD. Do you have a
> preferred format for us to write up a PEP-like document? It seems
> like we should at least be able to explain the choices that we've
> made in a formal doc.

Summer and WG babies not withstanding, we should see how far we can
push time series in the next month or so.  This is the heart of the
v2.0 effort.  I suspect we can reach a consensus on minimum
capabilities with the plan to elaborate these in future versions (if
needed).

Rob