VOEvent BoF? IVOA session?

Elizabeth Auden eca at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Sep 5 04:02:26 PDT 2007

Hi Rob,

If the new LMSAL schema that incorporates VOEvent (for use with the
Heliophysics Knowledge Base of solar events) has been released by
ADASS, I can give a progress report. I'll see the LMSAL guys at a
workshop next week, so I can let you know then whether there will be any
progress to report on.

cheers,
Elizabeth

> I've got Pete Marenfeld here working on a poster for the ADASS BoF - should
> have something for folks to review later in the week.  Hopefully Paul Simonon
> won't object.
>
> Presumably we'll need an agenda - I was thinking it would be a bit more
> freeform since we'll also have the IVOA session later in the week (for which
> we'll need an agenda, too...)  Roy had some hot topics:
>
> -- Tie in with DM on the VOTimeSeries
> -- Brokers for event firehoses like LSST
> -- Special names for PARAMs (formalize the informal)
> -- Is a GCN circular an event? A CBET? Is a blog entry an event?
> -- The event access protocol SEAP?
> -- Is there science in event correlation studies?
>
> What else?
>
> ADASS BoF info @ http://www.adass.org:8080/Conferences/2007/Venue/events/bof:
>
> 	VOEvent is Monday, 24 Sept, 19:30-21:00 (opposite FITS)
>
> IVOA InterOp info @ http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpSep2007:
>
> 	VOEvent is Friday, 28 Sept, 10:00-11:30 (opposite Grid & Web Services
> 2)
>
> Who is planning to attend one session or the other?  And who has something
> pithy to present?
>
> Rob

Elizabeth Auden, MSSL
Holmbury St. Mary, Dorking RH5 6NT
Tel: +44 (0)1483 204 276
eSDO Technical Lead, AstroGrid Developer