VOEvent BoF? IVOA session?

Frederic V. Hessman hessman at Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.de
Tue Sep 4 23:04:12 PDT 2007

On 5 Sep 2007, at 4:51 am, Rob Seaman wrote:

> Hola,
>
> I've got Pete Marenfeld here working on a poster for the ADASS BoF
> - should have something for folks to review later in the week.
> Hopefully Paul Simonon won't object.
>
> Presumably we'll need an agenda - I was thinking it would be a bit
> more freeform since we'll also have the IVOA session later in the
> week (for which we'll need an agenda, too...)  Roy had some hot
> topics:
>
> -- Tie in with DM on the VOTimeSeries
> -- Brokers for event firehoses like LSST
> -- Special names for PARAMs (formalize the informal)

Ugh!  How about if ya'll instead try to put some meat into the toy
VOEvent VOcabulary, now that it's working-draft-official (see
www.ivoa.net).  You can use that as PARAMs thereafter if you have to.

> -- Is a GCN circular an event? A CBET? Is a blog entry an event?
> -- The event access protocol SEAP?
> -- Is there science in event correlation studies?
>
> What else?
>
> ADASS BoF info @ http://www.adass.org:8080/Conferences/2007/Venue/
> events/bof:
>
> 	VOEvent is Monday, 24 Sept, 19:30-21:00 (opposite FITS)
>
> IVOA InterOp info @ http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/
> InterOpSep2007:
>
> 	VOEvent is Friday, 28 Sept, 10:00-11:30 (opposite Grid & Web
> Services 2)
>
> Who is planning to attend one session or the other?  And who has
> something pithy to present?
>
> Rob

Couldn't make either due to a promised talk at the Astronomische
Gesellschaft meeting in Würzburg.

Rick

Dr. Frederic V. Hessman     Hessman at Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.DE
Institut für Astrophysik          Tel.  +49-551-39-5052
Friedrich-Hund-Platz 1         Fax +49-551-39-5043
37077 Goettingen                 Room F04-133
http://www.Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.de/~hessman
MONET: a MOnitoring NEtwork of Telescopes
http://monet.Uni-Goettingen.de