VOEvent and Heliophysics Knowledge Base: new schema

Frederic V. Hessman Hessman at Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.de
Tue Oct 30 02:33:39 PDT 2007

> A heads-up to the peanut gallery.  The basic idea is to work on
> v2.0 of the standard.  V2.0 is intended to be backwards compatible,
> i.e., a v1.1 packet should validate against a v2.0 schema (other
> than technical XML issues, I suppose).  In addition to permitting
> the enclosure of external schema (in <What> or <Whatever>), the
> other four items suggested so far for v2.0 are:
>
> 	XML signatures
> 	Time series (via SDM elements in <What>)
> 	Orbital elements (via STC elements in <WhereWhen>)
> 	SKOS vocabulary support in <Why>

Maybe <WhatElse> rather than <Whatever>?  "Whatever" rates at about
0.9 seamans (the unofficial IVOA unit of glibness) whereas "what
else" is more like 0.05 seamans.

Rick