Params "bordel" regarding solar system bodies

petr at iaa.es petr at iaa.es
Mon Jun 11 12:50:12 PDT 2007

Dear all,

I strongly oppose idea of putting everything for orbital elements into
params. I'm unfortunately quite busy right now, working on
modifications of my SW for LSST CCD calibration block (and processing
our data for two GRBs which went on last night).

Either you will came with solution of putting them to STC, or creating
schema for them, AND PROVIDE REFERENCE IMPLEMENTATION WHICH WILL GIVES
ME FROM OBJECT ACTUAL RA AND DEC (and which will include parallax
corrections) (preferably in C++, but Java,Perl,Fortran, Python, SQL,
Basic, Pascal, Cobol, etc.. will work as well), or I'll code that
later, when times for that comes, on my own, using way which I found XML
proper, and provide on my own bridge to VOEvent mess, if I'll find it
usefull.

I simply will not buy orbital parameters in params fields. And in my
network, I'll not revert to XML "hack-it-quickly" design of poors.

Petr